On October 25th I had the pleasure of hosting at Black Ballad’s Cocktails and Conversations (#BBCocktailsandConvo) event and I have to say I was truly blown away. The energy in the room was phenomenal with over 100 beautiful black women (and a few men) full of vitality (the main theme of the evening). We promised each other to no longer be silenced by systems that refused to respect us and the guest speakers blew us all away.
Speakers on the night were:
- Food stylist, blogger and recipe developer Benjamina Ebuehi.
- Co-founder of Chuku’s Ifeyinwa Frederick.
- PR Specialist Karen Tippett.
- Equality, diversity & HR Specialist Shelley Collins
- Chair of the Association for BME Engineers, Dr Nike Folayan.
- Singer and TV star Jamelia.
I can’t even begin to say how proud I am of Tobi Oredein, editor in chief who has been doing an amazing job with her team and I didn’t want this year’s event to end (neither did many of the delegates) it was TOO GOOD!
I also had the opportunity to finally meet some of my online favourites in the flesh.
Watch some clips from the event here: